Monday, March 1, 2010

Tsunamis Tsuck

So this weekend we had a bit of a scare. I woke up at 5 on Saturday morning to talk of a Tsunami hitting the island at 1030. We all woke up talked about the decision to stay or to go up to gunstock ranch or behind the temple. Dan and I decided that the waves were not going to be big enough to engulf the house. It was reported that the sea level would swell 6 feet and then waves would hit that were 9 feet high. That is only an extra 15 feet above the normal sea level so we stayed home. We ran to Foodland which had been open for the last 24 hours and picked up some water then came home and prepared for the worst. It was funny how the news predicted the worst, they had shown reports of when the last tsunami hit hawaii and killed something like 150 people. We thought that some gnarly waves were going to hit. Well we waited, and waited... nothing happened. Luckily the tsunami missed us and we didn't have to worry about the repercussions. Well I survived a tsunami.. Whats up!

In other news I love Canada, and I love the Olympics and I am stoked that we won 14 gold and won the hockey gold in both womens and mens. I will be sad that the Olympics are over, but guess what World Cup this summer! Whats up!

No comments:

Post a Comment