Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend

Weekend
Sunday Dinner
Got the hook ups. Roast beef and potatoes at the landlords then a quick home teaching visit then to Nate and Katie's for some delicious stuffed chicken. I swear that kid is a magician. This is not a regular occurrence that I eat this well. I did savor every single delicious bite.

Skating
So I went and skated a mini ramp today. I suck. It was fun. I enjoy it, I can't drop in yet and getting used to the mini ramp was painful. I would like you to imagine me slamming numerous times in to the ramp. Yup worth it. I went with some buddies who are super good, a couple married guys and Chase(my comp from the mish) and Pat. One of the guys wives skated for a lil bit, I daresay we are of the same caliber.. depressing. There was also a visit by the skate ramp shanker! this lil gromit saw his dad on the ramp and wanted to come one, only problem was that he was holding a stick and a knife. He didn't put up a fight to drop the stick but he did not want to drop the knife. After a lil more coaxing he threw the knife grudgingly to the ground and ran up the ramp. super funny.

Basketball.
byuh played HPU, super fun game. We we're up by quite a bit until half and then the game was by 10 until the last 2 mins and then pandemonium. Some full court D and some crazy buzzer beater shots to end the game. Super fun.

Beach
So I went to the north shore this weekend. I saw Kelly Slater, he pretty much slayed everything, it was truly radical to watch this guy surf. I also saw some of my buddie surfing near him, Mr Toone, Mr. Masterson, Mr. Owsley, and Mr. Carlston who was on a soft top with no fins.. It was rad seeing him charging waves.

Clubs
So I've embraced my inner nerd since moving here. I am now the treasurer of the math club, a member of students for international development and a member of professional accounting society. Some of the really cool clubs at BYU-H. Yup that cool.

Town
So Dan and I went into town today. We picked up his hard drive so that he doesn't need to use my computer anymore and went to Walmart. We also stopped by nordstrom rack, unfortunatly it was closed however I think that it was worth the stop to see the tool sitting in front of the store. I think I should have let him know that frosted tips are not cool, nor are green track suits from hollister, and having a blackberry and a benz do not automatically make you cool. Haha. Also another gem of people that I witnessed were these lesbians at walmart. Not overly frumpy but obviously very white trash with tank tops and short short, actually in Hawaii that isn't very white trash, but the tattoo's told the story. Imagine if you will an eagle on the bicep, a wolf on the forearm. Beautiful. Love this place. And I got a great deal on a new pillow. Stoked

4 comments:

  1. I can't sleep at night anymore since I've come back so I was extremely happy that I stumbled on this post. I straight up laughed out loud. I wish I could have seen those tats. Come back to us Josh. Or we're making a cardboard cutout of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.
    Appreciate the shout out on the cooking.
    And then little confused on how supporting peace in the world through our club makes you a NERD?!

    We should do the sunday dinner thing more often, keep up the williams-plus-josh tradition

    ReplyDelete
  3. treasurer of the mathletes? i never thought i'd see the day. see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I support your embrace of your inner nerd. I'm with Amy though, wow. Never thought you'd go this far with your love of numbers. I suppose it only makes sense though. Wonder why Scott isn't the member of any math clubs?

    Also, does Dan know how you feel about frosted tips? Because I feel like he may have been rocking that look last summer...

    ReplyDelete